Monday, August 29, 2011

Rossman Family Reunion

The next ones in line to carry on the family
 I am from a wonderful loving family and it was a amazing weekend spending time with all of them.
When we first set the date for this, I had thought that one day would be just fine. I am so glad that a lot of you stepped in and made some suggestions.  Three nights was perfect, it gave us all time to relax and enjoy each other. It was so good to see all of you and spend sometime together.
The only regret that I have is that Uncle George was not able to attend, our next reunion will be planned either before or after harvest time. We missed having him there, it would have been nice to hear some of his stories too. Uncle Paul at 93 has a great memory and he did lots of story sharing. We all had lots of questions that he tried to answer.
Uncle Paul the oldest of the two remaining Uncles

Sandra from Oklahoma and Marilyn we are close in age 

After my father died at such of a early age, I had trouble sharing my memories with our sons. So they have never felt very connected to the Rossmans. The next time we have a reunion I will be putting a little pressure on them to attend. I know that they will also love being part of this family.


Hot Dogs for Lunch
Guess who is 60? Judy & Joan with their Birthday Gift
This was a weekend of surprises, growing up I felt I was the only one Grandpa didn't like. Being a only child and spoiled I always felt a little guilty.  I was so surprised to learn that all of my cousins loved our Grandma Mary, but we all thought Grandpa George was a grouch and none of us felt his love.   I laughed so heard when I heard other cousins saying how they were sent to go out and play on the "rock". Grandpa did not like any noise while watching those games. I remember that rock, and remember playing on it too.
It was so therapeutic for all of us to share our feelings, we were able to put a lot of issues behind us. I love what Terry posted about you could feel the love in the family.
Father Dick saying Mass in the Condo, it was very special to all of us
Dick & Herm sharing some stories

Ron & Roger chillin





Eileen, Carol and our Aunt Marge

Laffey Family Farm in Stickney, So. Dakota
Grandpa was in a semi pro baseball league and will leave the family for several months at a time to play ball.
Shawn had that Rossman by the Dozen sign made up for us, thank you for doing that, you and Rose must be camera shy because I did not get any pictures of the two of you together.  Thank you both for the help that you did. You were great volunteers!!!

My Dad with his Sister Virginia on
his left
Cousin Debbie from Minnesota with her husband Ken



My Dad,                 
David the keeper of the family tree and wife Cathy
 
                          



No comments: