Monday, June 13, 2011

Mesa Verde National Park


We learned so much today about the Anasazi Indians and the cliff dwellings.
About 1400 years ago the Anasazi Indians made this area their home, they lived here for over 700 years.
These cliff dwelling pictures are 800 years old and were lived in for about 100 years by the Anasazi now called the Ancestral Puebloans, they range in size from one house to a village of more than 150 houses.They were made from adobe bricks about the size of a large loaf of bread. It was amazing to see these and to learn about this area.




It was amazing to me to see so many foreigners today, we also experienced this at the Grand Canyon. Our National Parks are all so beautiful and interesting.  Our next park that we will be visiting is Dinosaur Monument , all I will be thinking about there is Jurasic Park.
a fire started by lightening in 2002

This is in the park

3 comments:

Molly said...

Where were you standing when you took the top photo? How far away? Interesting. Thanks for adding all the details.

Anonymous said...

Those photos are beautiful! I need a trip up there.
Joan

Two Goats on the GO said...

Hi Molly, Glad that you are enjoying the pictures. When I took the top picture I was standing across the canyon and looking down and I zoomed it with my cheap camera.