Friday, January 28, 2011

The Golf Cart Adventure

This week we have had two events that just makes a person mad.  The first one had to do with our Visa Card being compromised. We received a call to check out our purchases and sure enough there were charges that added up to $4700.00 all charged in Saudi Arabia all in just a few hours.  I know that we are not responsible for the charges, but it still makes me mad  because this thing happens all the time.
A couple of days later I was sleeping and something woke me up at 3:23 AM.  I heard one short little beep, laid in bed trying to figure out what that sound could be, than the security light on the other side of the house goes on and it all clicked.  I jumped out of bed to check on the golf cart, and sure enough it was gone.  I called 911 and was feeling a little guilty because it was not a life and death situation, it was only a golf cart.  If I could have gotten my hands on him it would have been life or death.  My golf clubs that I love so much were on the back, I don't know why I love those clubs because they sure don't love me, (my game still stinks.)
Within 5 minutes two  police cars were racing around our neighborhood.  They told us that they very seldom ever find stolen golf carts and if they did it would likely need a lot of repairs.
About 1 1/2 later we receive a call from the police and they have found our little blue golf cart, the police came back to the house to pick up Herm.  This was Herms first ride in a police car, so that for him was pretty exciting.  He drove the cart 2 1/2 miles back home with the low battery light flashing the entire time.
He said on the way home he was worried that it would run out of juice so he decided not to use any lights. That was a crazy thing to do, he could have been hit by a car. The golf cart is home along with my clubs and looks really good sitting in our garage.  First thing we did was to put a kill switch on it, that should prevent this sort of thing from happening again.
When the police found the cart their were several garage door openers and a GPS in it, they did not find the theif.
Herm is going to take a couple of dozen donuts down to the police station to say thanks for their good work.

No comments: